Mr.Dragonfish's pond project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats cool. I don't know much about pond fish, but it looks like you have a nice amount of space for them in there.

Here's updated pictures from this week. Those others are from when he first dug it and started replanting everything. This year it's more established. It's actually larger and deeper than it looks.

Also this shows the "little" pond up the stream. The smaller fish like to swim up there during the hottest part of the day and our weather loaches hang out down there.

Hopefully I can get pictures of it at night when the lights are on. We also have these floating LED globes and flowers that are really cool.

Attachments

• img_6679.jpg
    img_6679.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 109
  • img_6681.jpg
    img_6681.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 111
  • img_6687.jpg
    img_6687.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
That is sweeeeet. I wish i had the space for something like that.

Thanks.

I love having it. It's great to sit out there at night and listen to the water.

This was my hubby's dream pond. He started out with pre-formed and decided it wasn't big enough for the koi and comets once they started growing. Then I came home from work to find him digging this one. *Laughs*

In the pond we have various iris plants, Louisiana iris work the best for ponds. We also have mini-cattails, variated cattails, zebra grass, forget me nots, snake grass, water lilies, some type of rush, and some that I can't remember

On the outside we have more iris, moneywort, blue fescue grass, dragons blood, wild strawberries, some type of ivy, and some other stuff I can't remember the names of.

Hubby did the planting :) He was looking for zone tolerant plants.

DragonFish71 said:
In the pond we have various iris plants, Louisiana iris work the best for ponds. We also have mini-cattails, variated cattails, zebra grass, forget me nots, snake grass, water lilies, some type of rush, and some that I can't remember

On the outside we have more iris, moneywort, blue fescue grass, dragons blood, wild strawberries, some type of ivy, and some other stuff I can't remember the names of.

Hubby did the planting :) He was looking for zone tolerant plants.

I was thinking of getting some wild strawberries. I literally going to write all of those plants down. Thank you!!!

I love forget-me-nots. I have been trying to grow them indoors, but my cats thinks they are salad. :( I think they are exceptional bog plants though. Just an idea if your hubby ever wants to try it, you may be able to do a couple of carnivorous plants in your area like sundews.

When he redoes the waterfall, he's going to make it a bog area for pitcher plants and and fly traps. :)
Nice. You guys are already on top of that! I have started a few CP's, and they are great fun because they about as animal-like as a plant can get IMO. Also, I have heard they help attract bugs that the fish like to eat. You will have to put up more pictures as this progresses. :)

I was just suggesting the sundews to him. He'd already checked them out along when he was researching the fly traps and pitchers. He'd already had a site marked to order from. *Laughs*

Back
Top Bottom