Mr.Dragonfish's pond project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
So my husband started his new project last month. He's rebuilding our koi/comet pond to make it larger.

Here's some pics of the small pond, the river, and what the large upper pond will look like. Eventually, where you see the sprinkler head in the picture of the large pond (that he's still digging out) we will have a slate water fall. The big pond will feed into the river which will be lined with river rocks then into the small pond. There will be tons of plants, both aquatic for our zone and terrestrial.

Attachments

• IMG_5756.jpg
    IMG_5756.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_5757.jpg
    IMG_5757.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_5765.jpg
    IMG_5765.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Jonathan,

Yeah, I'm excited about it. We have 3 18 inch koi that are going to love it.

Liner for the top pond is being delivered today.

The Mister also plans a cave at the small pond, that's what that slab of slate is.

Some current pictures.

The koi and larger comets were added today.

Now just need to do the rock work and plants.

Attachments

• IMG_5826.jpg
    IMG_5826.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_5829.JPG
    IMG_5829.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_5830.jpg
    IMG_5830.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 309
Thanks Darby :)

But it was all him. I just rolled my eyes and said "yes dear" whenever he brought up something about it. *lol* Same thing he does to me and the tanks. ;)

Thanks.

The pumps he has are large enough that they move the water quite well. He has the pumps in the lower pond then PVC pipe moving the water up to the waterfall then the water flows down river.

Thanks all.

The hubby has been busy while I'm pulling in the OT.

A few more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_5851.jpg
    IMG_5851.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_5852.jpg
    IMG_5852.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_5853.jpg
    IMG_5853.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_5854.jpg
    IMG_5854.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 257
Seriously, that is amazing! The shape is very attractive, I like the waterfall, your rock work on the side looks good and balanced. Will you get more koi or just stick with your 3?

Oh wow, thanks ya'll.

The waterfall isn't finished yet. he's going to tear it down and re-do the whole thing. The ground underneath resettled this winter so everything is off-kilter.

In the small pond are 2 Laguna 2900 pumps that push the water through buried PVC pipes up the the barrels (filters) then it flows out over the fall.

We have the 3 15 inchers, quite a few juvies and some comets, shubunkins and rosey red minnows. The roseys just finished spawning so we should be having babies appear soon and the comets, shubunkins and koi started their spawning this morning. We keep the ones we like and trade the rest with our LFS.

Back
Top Bottom