My Pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi pondmom,

WOW !!! 8O That is one absolutely gorgeous pond. Beautiful landscaping and plant selection too.

You can enlarge the image when you click on it.

Great work !!!

Wow, how attractive...

Looks like something out of a magazine. 8O

Everything is in wonderful bloom. No sign of dry weather where your at.

----

The photo is a thumbnail. If you click on the photo it will open up a new window full size. This thumbnail fuction was turned on about a week ago to speed up the experence for those who are stuck in the land of dialup.

Images that are linked with the IMG tag will appear regular size but images that are uploaded will be thumbnail if they are larger than 30KB.

More info can be found in the Site News forum.

I wish I could get my 700 gallon pond, that I installed in May of 2002, to look that good. The dry summer was a huge problem for me. I am not that good with outdoor plant selection either.

Roger,
Unfortunately a few of those fish didn't make it through the winter :(
Here in Minnesota, it was brutal.

I just recently added 5 imported Kohaku's to the pond that have been inside all winter, and decided that in the fall, all the fish will come inside.
It's hard losing a pet. Even if it's just a fish.

Pondmom,
Wow! - Your pond is absolutely beautiful!!!
I hear ya re: losing a pet fish... I lost one of my Sarasa Comets this fall :(
His mate still seems lonely despite the Shubunkin and Butterfly Koi.
Here is a pic of my tiny 250 gal pond started May 2002:
http://www.hempspirit.com/Pond_11.jpg
Wish it was 10 times larger now :)
~Shy Koi
Manitoba, Canada

When I saw that pic of those Koi my heart fluttered. That is IMPRESSIVE!! That would make any Koihead drool. Sorry u lost a couple of fish. I had 8 of my adults wash out during a flood a couple of weeks ago (probably $1500 worth of fish).It is definately a disheartening thing to discover. Keep up the excellent work. Are some of the Koi in your pond one's that have been bred and raised in there or did you buy each one?

Thanks for the kind comments.
As you can see, my passion is in my gardens/pond
Every moment I get i'm out there. It's just so relaxing :)

All of those fish were bought except for maybe 3 that were born in the pond.
I'm not sure as to what type of fish it is because it won't come close enough for me to inspect.

Brandon, i'm sorry to hear of your loss as well. I know how you feel.
ShyKoi~ beautiful pond :) Love the landscaping

Yea, the winter was brutal. A racoon came by for some fishshicles, and finished off all of the survivors during the winter.

Here is the pond today.
Sunday one of my females swawned and I think I'm gonna be a grama :mrgreen:
I removed the filter that had the eggs on it to a smaller pond. Now all I have to do is wait!!
I'll keep you posted.
Hope you enjoy

Back
Top Bottom