My ryukins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes they are, also along the ridge of that fin there they can appear. He has them but they dont show well in that photo

Yep, I can see the dots on the fin, too.

Finally got a few photos, didn't turn out the greatest from my iPhone.
Can you tell if they are male or female? I think the gold one is female and the Oranda is male, but not sure. It's hard to see any dots on a white body lol :) ;)

Do any of your goldfish have 2 tubes that stick out on the top of the nose? My Oranda has quite large tubes on his nose, you can kinda see them on the photo. I don't know what they are called or what they are for. Makes him look like a sea creature!

How is your little guy doing? Hope he is feeling better. :) Did you find out what he had?

Attachments

• image-286483184.jpg
    image-286483184.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 43
  • image-224523451.jpg
    image-224523451.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 46
  • image-2596564802.jpg
    image-2596564802.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 52
I think your right on your fish, and yes my male does have large tubes that stick out on his nose.

Pretty sure he has internal parasites. The medicine came in the mail just yesterday so he's on his second dose. Poor guy :( he's not looking too good I'm concerned

The tubes/flaps on their face are called 'nares'. They are part of their olfactory system that they use detect odors. Perfectly normal!

The tubes/flaps on their face are called 'nares'. They are part of their olfactory system that they use detect odors. Perfectly normal!

Thanks, jlk, good to know it's normal. :) Awhile ago tried to research online, but didn't know the technical name of the tubes, and searching for "fish nose tubes" came up with things like Elephant Fish. :p

Back
Top Bottom