Newby with some questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_tank619

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I've been into fish tanks for years now. Started with just fish and work my way up to planted with fish. My new fascination is ponds. I have one small problems. I live in a down stairs apartment and the closest thing to a yard I have is a patio. N/E ways.. I wanted to set up a 70-100 gallon above ground pond using a plastic basin that would be in a wood sand box like container. Just wanted to get some opinions on it and would like to know the basic needs to run it (filters, heaters, power heads, etc)

Seeing I want to do plants I was going to do a basin with organic potting soil and a layer or rock on top of that. For heaters I was thinking o using the same styles heaters for a indoor tank of the same size. As for filter I has no idea.

Let me know! Thanks

cichlid_tank619 said:
Hey guys I've been into fish tanks for years now. Started with just fish and work my way up to planted with fish. My new fascination is ponds. I have one small problems. I live in a down stairs apartment and the closest thing to a yard I have is a patio. N/E ways.. I wanted to set up a 70-100 gallon above ground pond using a plastic basin that would be in a wood sand box like container. Just wanted to get some opinions on it and would like to know the basic needs to run it (filters, heaters, power heads, etc)

Seeing I want to do plants I was going to do a basin with organic potting soil and a layer or rock on top of that. For heaters I was thinking o using the same styles heaters for a indoor tank of the same size. As for filter I has no idea.

Let me know! Thanks

You can save swim space by doing an external bio filtration system made from decorative planter pots, buckets or plastic bins. Run PVC from pond to a pump in the external filter with bio media and adjust the height and flow to allow for the return of water to cascade through and overflow like a waterfall to give you aeration.... External filters can be disguised as or in almost anything...

Back
Top Bottom