Pond filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piranha

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone used an external cannister type pond filter? Do they work very well on a 100 gallon pond? How do they compare to other types of external filters as far as efficiency goes?

I had one, and it worked well on my large pond. Should also work well on a smaller pond, but I have no idea what the efficencies look like. What brand/model were you looking at?

Thanks RM for the reply.Looking at either the Fishmate 500 Bio w/UV or the Cyprio Bioforce 500 w/UV. They claim to be easy to service just by rinsing a foam insert.It would be great not having to pull my submersible out of the pond each time for cleaning.It's always getting gummed up with debri and then slows the fountain attached to the pump.

Should work, though I am probably not as knowledgeable with hardware as I should be. Perhaps someone else will chip in.

They are good filters, the FishMate may be a bit better (mainly cuz its a good brand, moreso than the other one)

The box types are cheaper, and they are easy to maintain.

All you gotta do really is wash off the foam whenever it gets clogged (And since its gravity fed you dont have to stop the flow to check it)

Back
Top Bottom