Visi Therm Stealth Heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
So after much stress and pushing and pulling and turning i got my suction cups attacted to my heater holder for my visitherm stealth heater when i got it in the mail today. After that i go down to my tank and get it all set up and when i suction it to the glass with the top out of the water a bit it kind of hits the top of my tank and doesnt sit right.

Now my question is (and i know this maybe be dumb) but it is considered a submersiable heater .... so does this mean i can put the whole thing under the water to make it sit right? ... or can the water only go up to that min water line thing?

Ray

you can put the whole thing under water. YOu can even have it comletely horizontal under the water at the bottom of the tank where its barely visible if you like.

first of all, make sure you suction it to the glass totally under water. in this way you can be sure that there's no air between cups and glass. min water line thing shows that whole thing under it must be under water. Otherwise heater will be damaged. but you can sink it as deep as you like... all aquarium electonics must be 100% water proof...

see and i was thinking that it was dumb that it could but it makes sense .... thanks and i see yall are night owls like me :)

Ray

I work 7p-7a at one of the local hospitals and im usually in the E.R. but tonight they floated me up to the floor and all the patients are SLEEPING.... I miss the ER but this is a nice break every once in a while.

I hear ya Ashley, I work nights too so my sleeping schedule is out of whack even when I am off LOL.

Viper, I like to hide my heaters behind my decor close to the bottom of the tank. I have all my equipment plugged into power strips so I can just flip a switch to cut the power when I do water changes.

Viperboy said:
i see yall are night owls like me :)

not me... I live in a different time zone... when previous post was made, it was 11 a.m. (I guess) Now it's 2 p.m. at my place

My background is black so unless you are at the tank looking you can't see mine. But I have it horizontal and right below the HOB and next to the spraybar of my canister.

I figure the heated water will be pushed down and across the tank by the current this way. I keep it near the top so its easier to change temps if need be.

Also the visitherm stealth heater has an automatic shutoff when the water drops below the minimum water line. I actually haven't tested this option. I'm like severum mama, all my stuff is plugged into the power strip, except lights. That way when doing a water change I only have to flip 1 switch.

yea i need to invest in a power strip i guess cause that seems like a good way to keep things organized .... yea i think ill move mine to over by my emperor or maybe even under it horizontal well see .... thanks for the help guys

Ray

Back
Top Bottom