Watergardening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koilady

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. I'm new to this site so I thought I would stop in to say hi. I've been in the pond hobby for 26 years and bred Koi and Goldfish in 14 ponds in our yard. We also learned the hard way about filtration but now we've got it down pat and we've got a great diagram on how to make your own bio-filter if anyone is interested. This filter is easy to make and maintain and if built large enough for not only the size of your pond but the amount of fish in it, you will never again have suspended algae, hair algae or sick fish.

Yours Koily, Lorraine

Hi Zagz. Unfortunately, the year before last we shut our ponds down because we wanted to put the house up for sale in the next year and we didn't think that anyone else would like 14 ponds in their yard. :) Well, we didn't put the house up for sale this year due to the loss of my Father and I suspect that next year will be a better year any, especially when it comes to the housing sales.
Another reason for putting the house up or sale is because it's 1/3 of an acre and Hubby retired last year and doesn't want the responsibility of having to keep all this property up. In our next home I hope to build a 5 to 6 thousand gallon pond and have lots of gardens with no grass.
I know I have some pictures around here of the ponds but I wouldn't know how to put them on the site. I'm sure you'd be able to help me with that thuogh.
Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

Hugs, Lorraine
Right now I only have three ponds open. I am planning on breeding some of my Koi. They are quite small, about 7 to 8 inches long but they are three years old and

hi koilady, nice to see that you started a thread in here.... like zagz... love to see some pics.... [ ask hubby to help you... ]

Hi Nanpat, so good to see you. I've missed you in the chatroom. Three other people have joined the chat and we've been having some wonderful discussions. Hope to see you there again soon.

Hugs, Lorraine

Back
Top Bottom