Why fancy goldfish require big tanks- visual perspective

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So true about baby/young fish being sold in stores, like a Oscar or common Pleco, getting so big when fully grown.

There is the difference of growing up stunted and growing up to look like a prize winning fish. Education/knowledge and a desire and dedication for the best life for the fish.

I just read the whole thread, and noted that someone mentioned the lack of common goldfish

Here are the four common goldfish that I am wintering. The small one is 3years, and was kept in a 29 gallon tank until last year, when I learned about their need for space. The others are his pond-mates. They live at my dad's house, and I offered to winter them because of renovation at his house this year. The tank is a 38gallon bow front

Image1486946915.827432.jpgImage1486946955.538421.jpg

Keeping this clean requires two 50g filters, and twice weekly water changes, but they go home soon :)

JLK, How big is the mature one and is the other a baby still ? I read Oranda's average 6-7 inches fully grown....does your variety get bigger still?

Last edited:
Actually that is true in another sense, because their growth is stunted but then it can result in a shorter their life span.

Back
Top Bottom