feedind fredde (frog)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RABENA

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is okay to feed him every day 1 cricket or give him a couple ever other day and he looks lonely in the tank where can I buy another bullfrog for him.but he likes playing w/ the goldfish in the tank will the goldfish eat'em

ForumRunner_20130823_094959.jpg

Its a bullfrog I had him since he was tadpole he is the size of halfdollar but he is growing everyday he is eating 3 to 5 of these small crickets every other day but it seem like every other day is too long I'm thinking maybe 1 or 2 a day

ForumRunner_20130823_111835.jpg

A bullfrog that small needs to be fed small crickets DAILY! They need it daily until they are about 2.5-3 inches long then you can feed every other day, it is very important to feed daily, remember, the cricket can't be bigger than the distance in how wide it's head is

Bull frog tadpoles are about 4" long about 2/3 is tail.
So if the body was a half dollar it could be a bull frog. In central fla we have pig frogs and bull frogs both get huge.
Also quite a few species of smaller frogs.

They will eat anything they can catch and swallow.
Earthworms, crickets, palmetto bugs, .......

I don't know the right amount but the the more they eat the faster they grow.
We have a bunch of pig frogs and leopard frogs in our pond.
They are fun to watch.

Oh hell ya my frog is Kool to watch he is fast ; but he just sits there all day takes a swim teases the goldfish

Goldfish I have to buy them when pet store has no crickets they come in sizes I start with small rite

Should i add mealworms to his diet instead of crickets every day . What else could i feed him for a variety ?

Hey goldfish good morning how many crickets a day should I feed him and can I drop all 15 in at one time will he eat until he dies or will he stop when full

Yes you can feed mealworms if he eats them. If you do then feed 1 cricket and 1 mealworm a day. The crickets should be eating a gut loaded diet to help the frog.
So 1 worm and 1 cricket DAILY
if no worms then feed 2 crickets daily

When you need help, constantly replying to your post and making new threads isnt the way to go. We all here have lives and we can't respond 24/7. We try to answer them as quickly as possible and there is only a handful of people here who know about frogs

Jhw I DONT understand what you mean this site is to help people so when I need help I ask questions are u saying I ask to many question

Jhw thanks for ur help but if its too much for you then pass on it and somebody else will answer I DONT know if u speak for the whole group but all I'm trying to do is make sure I'm doing the best for fredde thanks for ur help sorry for taking u away from ur job

So does Freddie relax all day and then gets active at note or does it take a little while for him to get adjusted to his surroundings

Jhw I DONT understand what you mean this site is to help people so when I need help I ask questions are u saying I ask to many question

Im saying you keep asking the same questions that get answered in previous threads. Im not saying your a nuisance by any means. Im saying not to many people know about frogs. We help to the best of our knowledge and were by no means experts. We try to help every way possible. Dont worry. We will answer everything we can whenever possible. When asking a question try and not repeat it in multiple threads

Oh I understand I have a problem like that with everything I just want to make sure everything is rite thank you for pointing that out I'll try to keep myself in check no hard feeling rite peace

Back
Top Bottom