Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThatNewGuy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, got a question, so I have a 20g long with a baby spiky soft shell turtle, she's not a year old yet. Anyways my question is, would it be ok to make her 20g long a planted tank with shrimp in them? I would also be putting a butterfly loach in with her, is this all ok? FYI I need to do this because I need to get rid of one of my tanks to cut down on my bills. Tnx in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She'll ambush and eat the shrimp, the loach -might- escape death for a while, but she will eventually get at it. I realize you said planted. Honestly, it's a matter of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do not put the loach in with the turtle- butterfly loaches have very very specific needs that are completely different from a turtle's. The turtle will also eat the loach.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

@laeris I understand what you mean, and I realize that only the smarter shrimp would survive. @sinibotia thank you!!! I do know that they have different needs, mostly oxygenation in water (I think) and I figured that I could make both happy seeing how much space I had in the 20g long, my loach is one fish I don't want eaten any time soon so I won't be merging tanks I guess, I think for now they'll stay in there 20g for awhile. Thank your for the feed back guys. :)

@laeris I understand what you mean, and I realize that only the smarter shrimp would survive. @sinibotia thank you!!! I do know that they have different needs, mostly oxygenation in water (I think) and I figured that I could make both happy seeing how much space I had in the 20g long, my loach is one fish I don't want eaten any time soon so I won't be merging tanks I guess, I think for now they'll stay in there 20g for awhile. Thank your for the feed back guys. :)

Butterfly loaches need extremely strong flowing water and tons od rocks to feel happy and secure.

@Pseudomugil the loach is always really close to my filter out put or sometimes on the glass that the water hits, thanks for letting me know why. I really wish I could out her with the turtle, the filter in that tank makes a way stronger current and they drift wood plus the rocks would probably be perfect for her.

Back
Top Bottom