Mts (snail)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It weird though because I saw my female go up to it awhile ago, and picked it up by the opening of the shell and held it there for sometime. Almost like she was trying to suck it out...

Is it possible they're playing with it? My first thought was that if he was alive, he's probably hiding from the krib, then I had the thought that if he didn't like the Krib, he probably would have buried himself by now. Maybe give it the sniff test again--if it stinks, toss it, otherwise leave the probably empty shell for the kribs to play with?

Ok if there is still some brown stuff in the shell is he still alive? Or should it be empty? Snails are so hard.

Lol--they can be, in more ways than one. :D

If there's only a little brown stuff, like at the end, he's probably dead and your kribs are munching on him. I just got mine in and got a good look at size and shape--if you want to leave him in and are just worried about him fouling your water, it probably won't be an issue. No smell, I take it?

I didn't Check it...I think I might leave him in and gives the kribs a treat...

Back
Top Bottom