Mystery frog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobnobelisk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, today i bought what was called a black frog at my LFS, i was wondering if anyone had more information on the fella. Find pics attached =)

Attachments

• Frog1.jpg
    Frog1.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 106
  • frog2.jpg
    frog2.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 110
no problemo! i love those little guys. i used to love watching them eat feeder fish.
yes, webbed feet, but tiny little black claws at the end.
...ahh...maybe it's a dwarf? hard to tell the size from the pic.

Yeah they do look awesome im sure in a few months he will happily control my 3 female guppies spewing out fry everywhere! But he does have all 4 of his feet webbed. Maybe he is a dwarf although i thought the LFS would of put that on the label as they had some before named correctly.

i guess you'll have to wait and see. i've kept the larger ones all through my childhood. easy to care for and grow to a pretty good size.
i always lost mine to jumping though. they can't live for very long out of the water i'm afraid.

Thankfully we have a top although when they get bigger they might have more power to sneak out. Holes bunged up atm though so no escape for him! From the very first day i looked at starting out i wanted a frog they are something different.

Back
Top Bottom