Ok, so you were right!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katden74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Some of you have been helping me out with my new ADF adventure. As you might remember I started this because I was told two pellets twice weekly, the rest takes care of itself...:nono:

So after a tragedy, tank upgrade, additional frogs, water changes, and reading some crazy nonsense on here about how the frogs will learn where there feeding place is... Snap went to his food dish tonight! What the heck?!:ROFLMAO::dance: I thought some of you might be a little crazy! Just kidding... but it was an exciting moment.

I fed Crackle and Pop(II) separately... Snap is a little aggressive when it comes to those gross little blood worms.. he steals them out of the little one's mouths.

So I wanted to send out a big :thanks:.... I am feeling a little more successful... and a lot more encouraged by my decision to add these guys to the family!

thgats awesome:) i always thought it was funny when mine would wait at the fod dish

hehehe You thought I was the crazy frog lady right? That's OK...you know you aren't completely wrong about that. ;)

I just changed my frogs feeding place from their caves to dishes. By day 2 they were all at the dish as soon as they felt me dropping the food in there. Smart little critters.

One other thing I wanted to mention..I got some bloodworms the other day that were very large. Each worm is 2-3 times the size I'm used to. These larger ones are in the cubes, where as I usually use the little flat package, so not sure if they are always this large or if it's a fluke. ADF's have no tongues and no teeth, so young frogs could potentially choke on a very large worm. Once they get something halfway down, they usually can't get it back out if it's too large. It's a good idea to cut the fatties in half. I picked up a cheap pair of scissors for this purpose. (Now you probably really think I'm crazy, I know.)

I have a frog like snap as well. What I do, in my frogs 10 gal, is have two feeding areas in opposite sides of the tank. I've watched a lot, and this way my smaller and less aggresive frogs always get their share as well. :)

I have two ADF and feed them frozen blood worms every other day is this enough they seem generally happy

Adult frogs should do fine on an every other day basis, though I prefer daily feeds. Younger frogs should be fed atleast daily. I would offer more variety though. Atleast switch between the worms and frog and tadpole bites so their diet is a bit more diverse. :)

Back
Top Bottom