Sick ADF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyedw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I added one ADF to my 26 gallon tank few weeks ago (shared with 8 mollys) and noticed that his skin looks like it's peeling. Could it be mold or ick? Please help.

This could be a Symptom of chytrid fungus. This is a highly contagious fungal infection that attacks amphibians and will result in eventual death. ADF's generally shed their skin completely intact every couple weeks. If the skin looks more like a peeling sunburn, it could be chytrid. You can find out more by Googling chytrid fungus.

If it hasnt come off it's probably a disease. DO not add salt! Put him in a heated quarantine tank and look up adf diseases on the web. Watch the water conditions.

Mburgmom said:
This could be a Symptom of chytrid fungus. This is a highly contagious fungal infection that attacks amphibians and will result in eventual death. ADF's generally shed their skin completely intact every couple weeks. If the skin looks more like a peeling sunburn, it could be chytrid. You can find out more by Googling chytrid fungus.

I agree. If theyre shedding, itll be in one big piece.

Back
Top Bottom