Small tank with ADF(s) and other fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MaryBeth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! I have recently set up a new tank, which is 5 gallons, with live plants, perfect hiding spots, and large gravel/rocks. So, it is all ready for some fish/frogs, but I did particularly set it up with African Dwarf frogs in mind.
I really want to get at least one African Dwarf Frog. However, I have read that they are social and thus I’d need at least 2.
I am curious if this is true, or if I would be able to have only one and perhaps a couple very peaceful fish such as guppies. But THEN people say guppies are also social fish.
On top of this, I’d like some sort of algae eater as my tank does get sunlight.
I feel that having 2 frogs, 2 guppies, AND some sort of algae eater will be far too much for my 5 gallon tank. Perhaps I should get two frogs and some snails or something? But then I have ALSO heard that the snails will eat my live plants!
I need help ??? please

Two frogs and a couple Nerite snails would be fine.

Skip on the guppies.

Also, if you don't want snails get a couple of otocinclus

Do you recommend skipping the guppies because they would make the tank too crowded?
Nice tip on the Otocinclus. I have been trying to find something that’s really small for the algae that isn’t just snails. So thank you.

It would be crowded with guppies and they breed like crazy. More headache wondering where to put more fish.

Like Sara said, otos dont eat plants they clean them up. Supplement feed with algae wafers.

Back
Top Bottom