12,000K lamp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocean

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was looking at my current nova extreme t5 ho fixture and just noticed instead of a 10,000K lamp they sent me a 14,000K lamp. I think this lamp is 50/50 combination? I just happen to not like a lot of blue lighting.

What's your question? Lol. I just got a nova extreme pro t5ho fixture too. Mine is also too blue, which I dislike. I'm definitely going to be switching some bulbs.

I think the 12,000K lamp is 50/50 ( white and blue)? I don't mind a hint of blue I just don't want a lot! :) I can always change it, guess I better get the tank up and see how blue it will be. I might like it......or not. Lol

The NEP system should come stock with the slimpaq bulbs 10k white and the 463nm blue which is used for dusk dawn... In most reef system with coral you would want the most blue to help with Par the more blue the better your corals grow...IMO

Tank2379 said:
The NEP system should come stock with the slimpaq bulbs 10k white and the 463nm blue which is used for dusk dawn... In most reef system with coral you would want the most blue to help with Par the more blue the better your corals grow...IMO

What's the difference between a 463nm bulb and a 20,000k bulb?

20K is just the rating of the bulb the 453nm is how the PAR is measured the more par the more growth 20K bulb give off more of a bluer look and can range in higher par levels... Hth

slitherbomb said:
No, there's 12,000k bulbs and 50/50 bulbs. 12,000k bulbs are slightly blue and 50/50 are really blue.

Now I understand!!! :) the other lamp is a actinic blue and was a little concerned my tank would look to "blue" and dark. But if it's good for the corals I can learn to like it! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom