12 gallon eclipse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juliemichelle

Aquarium Advice Regular
At my LFS the owner is setting up a 12 gallon eclipse for saltwater. I currently have 2 freshwater tanks set up so a tank this size would be great for a beginner to see if I like SW. What else do I need to add to this. I would like 2-3 clown fish - how about an anemonie. He also has live gravel available. Do I need a special bulb? Special filter other than what is attached? Wave maker? 8O

First off, welcome to the SW side!

Second, if you are a beginner in SW, I would suggest not starting with a tank that small. Level changes, such as salinity, pH, ammonia, so on, are very much more pronounced in a smaller water volume. You really have to stay on top of an aquarium that small.

Next, 2 clowns would be about the limit in that tank. And anemones are not recommended until the tank is more established. A lot say a year, I think at least 6-8 months.

It can be done. Don't get me wrong. SW is very rewarding, as I am sure you have seen throuhg your FW endeavors. But if I were going to start in SW, I would start with a bigger tank.

Lastly, before you do anything, read everything you can get your hands on. Articles on here, everywhere on the internet, books, anything. SW takes a LOT of research and knowledge to be succesful. So, read, read, and read some more!

Good luck however you choose to go. We are here for ya.

:hat:

Back
Top Bottom