20 gallon saltwater... Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a fully cycled saltwater fish tank. It is 20 gallons and has about 15 pounds of live rock in it. I need some suggestions on some corals, mushrooms, etc. I really want some color in the tank. Blues, oranges, and greens would be great!!!!

What kind of lights do you have? Corals like a good stable tank but softies are pretty tolerant. I would say a good starting list would be mushrooms, Xenia, Kenya tree, green star polyps and Zoas/plays. Those can all be cheap to get and all grow like weeds. Oh and start w frags so if any die you're not out a lot of $. Once those start to spread you could move up to some LPS: hammer, frogspawn, favia, acan, trumpet. Zoas/plays and acans come in all colors but a rule of thumb that I find to be true; the more exotic the color- the harder it is to keep. Good for you green is very common and thus cheaper.

What kind of lights do you have? Corals like a good stable tank but softies are pretty tolerant. I would say a good starting list would be mushrooms, Xenia, Kenya tree, green star polyps and Zoas/plays. Those can all be cheap to get and all grow like weeds. Oh and start w frags so if any die you're not out a lot of $. Once those start to spread you could move up to some LPS: hammer, frogspawn, favia, acan, trumpet. Zoas/plays and acans come in all colors but a rule of thumb that I find to be true; the more exotic the color- the harder it is to keep. Good for you green is very common and thus cheaper.
. Thanks for all of that information!!!!! I have low lighting. About 120 watts total I guess.... I do like the green star polyps, I have seen them before. I don't really want to pay more than $10 each for the corals since I am a beginner. I will be ordering some stuff from reefs2go in about a month!

I've ordered from reefs2go 3 times now and have been very happy with them. Always got more than I ordered and no doas.

I've ordered from reefs2go 3 times now and have been very happy with them. Always got more than I ordered and no doas.
yea I have ordered from there before. But I only bought hermit crabs... And I got Some type of free coral.

Back
Top Bottom