20 gallon stocking???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nah. I mean really it doesn't matter because you don't have corals. So get whatever floats your boat.

Yea. Do you know why you have to have special kind of lights for corals? Because there isn't a special type of light in the ocean besides Mother Nature (sun). So wouldn't the coral be alright if I had regular light and the tank was near a window? I have always wondered.

Well most corals don't grow a few feet underwater like freshwater plants. The light gets filtered through the ocean. So it's a little different than natural sunlight by the time it gets to the coral. It is still very bright though, unlike a lot of freshwater plants that grow in murky conditions. That's why they need lots of it.

Got my live sand in the tank today!!!!! Still giving it time to cycle. Getting my live rock next week. I'm gonna have to buy a little at a time when I get money. Lol. I think I am going with the Fiji live rock.

Back
Top Bottom