20Gal SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nguyen27

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a spare 20gal/stand, I want to set up a new SW tank, just reef, any sugguestion on what type of stuff I should get? And I also have a spare Penguin 125 to use, got 2 filters on my FW tank (37gals) (HOT Magnum 250 and Fluval 204)
Thanks

Is this a 20Long or a 20High? If its going to be a reef tank your going to need LIGHTS LIGHTS LIGHTS.

What kinds of corals do you want to keep? The types of corals you want will goven what kind of lights we recommend.

I always avocate the LR and LS plus a decent skimmer for your filtration. Add to that some powerheads for proper circulation.

I would also recommend that your LR be up off your sand bed, maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of an
in. This will help circulation and debris control .

Thanks for the info, I got a 30x12x10or12 (That probably 20long?) and I'm looking to keep some soft coral (They look good!) Or you guy can recommend type of coral that easy for beginner in SW?
Thanks

For softies you can get by with less light than if you was going to do a SPS tank. For a 20 long I would suggest a pair of 55W power compacts.

Back
Top Bottom