28 Gallon SW Build...hopefully...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's up to you on thepowerheads, 425's are sufficient I would think, BUT the 550's would do a better job of circulation in my opinion.

I have 2 425's in my 20g and am not toally impressed with them. The flwo seems so light. LOL

And the api test chemicals work the color chart is a little different though. But still the same basic concept, any green in ammonia and thats bad, anything but blue for the trites is bad. LOL

Do you have a refractometer? Great $30 investment and youre likely to never be off , unlike if you use the swing arm hydrometer.

Link for cheap one

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Already have the refractometer...

I'll go with the 550's, I'm gonna have the marine sand fine sugar grain, i really hope it doesn't blow it all around. Will 2 PH's be enough?

Yes, two will be sufficient :)

If placed correctly, after a lot of trial and error you shouldn't have any of your sand blowing around. It's just a matter of palcement and angles.

You'll see, it's not really that bad.

Looks good. Seller has decent feedback. looks like he might be in Nj. If thats the price you wanna pay I'd grab two up. :)

Sweet ill do that in a min...i also need to get base rock...im torn...either BRS or reef cleaners???

Anyone have any recommendations of a HOB skimmer? Octopus BH100 looks decent...???

Yep, I hear the octopus ones are pretty good. I;m using a remora hang on back now which I happen to like alot. But yeah, the octopus should be a good one.

I've only ever gotten it from reefcleaners, sorry so I have no point of reference. LOL

I do know they will custom box you up the perfect size pieces though, just tell them what you want and they come through. also shipping is included.

Oh no worries at all...you've been extremley helpful...will i need the skimmer during the cycling period?

if you have one already sure, it will take a few weeks for it to break in properly anyway. It won't affect a cycle.

Ok, just got two 550's for 50 bucks even! Next is rock and skimmer...

Ok, just got 50lbs or base rock from reef cleaners, Octopus BH100 HOB skimmer and aquarium silicone from BRS has been ordered

wow, youre having a fish gear day! I'm so jealous! lol I just sit here and play shop til I can sell that stupid 55g tank! will someone just buy it already? LOL Then I can get on to buying all the fun stuff like you are.

hehehe....:-D

LOL i know...having a bit of buyers remorse...but...i'll finally have everything to start...well except the lights...gonna hold off until my tank gets all cycled...plus getting a new puppy come October sooooo...lol gotta save for both...lol.

Already have 28 gal bow front tank and heater...

Heres what i got for gear coming...

2 Koralia Evolution 550's
Octopus BH100 HOB Skimmer - rated up to 60 gallons
Aqua Clear 70 Filter - first attempt at DIY fuge (looked online looks simple)
Aquarium Grade Silicone for mod
50lbs of Reef Cleaner Base Rock
100GPD RO/DI Unit

I think that is is for now...gonna go to LFS for substrate and Reef Salt...besides the lights what else am i missing???

I have a refractometer, totally forgot to check out test kits....DOH!!!

Back
Top Bottom