Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-04-2011, 03:52 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

You could always just hold off and ask for the items you need for holidays / birthdays .

Old 08-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nah thats kind of too far away

Old 08-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skenny
Nah thats kind of too far away
Not trying to be mean but it would seem that you are not able to have a saltwater tank. You don't have the resources and don't seem to fully understand that there is no real cheap route to achieve your goal. I would hope in the future you will be able to setup a sw tank but right now from what ive read here it just isn't going to happen at this moment and time. Good luck to you in any case.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

I bought a used tank and stand off c's list. I bought the best filter I could afford, live sand and live rock a heater and picking up the lights this weekend. Saltwater unfortunately is going to be a planned process I can't tell you how long my tank was just sittin here while I was getting all the stuff. Saltwater is definitely not cheap. And you can't just wake up one day and say I'm gonna do a salt tank. Well if you have the disposable funds like that then by all means go for it. But being on a budget I would stay with fresh. Cuz salt is not for a tight budget. Unless like said before you ask for stuff for bdays and holidays. Plus it'll take a few weeks to a month before you can put anything in it. There are pros and cons to fresh and salt. Fresh water is cheap but salt has a wider variety of colorful fish. That being said you can pick up a 10g at petsmart with a hob filter, hood for about 25 bucks also comes with a light but not enough to support a salt tank.

Tags
10 gallon, nano, nano reef, reef, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com