5 or 10 gallon nano reef, first saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
skenny said:
Nah thats kind of too far away

Not trying to be mean but it would seem that you are not able to have a saltwater tank. You don't have the resources and don't seem to fully understand that there is no real cheap route to achieve your goal. I would hope in the future you will be able to setup a sw tank but right now from what ive read here it just isn't going to happen at this moment and time. Good luck to you in any case.

I bought a used tank and stand off c's list. I bought the best filter I could afford, live sand and live rock a heater and picking up the lights this weekend. Saltwater unfortunately is going to be a planned process I can't tell you how long my tank was just sittin here while I was getting all the stuff. Saltwater is definitely not cheap. And you can't just wake up one day and say I'm gonna do a salt tank. Well if you have the disposable funds like that then by all means go for it. But being on a budget I would stay with fresh. Cuz salt is not for a tight budget. Unless like said before you ask for stuff for bdays and holidays. Plus it'll take a few weeks to a month before you can put anything in it. There are pros and cons to fresh and salt. Fresh water is cheap but salt has a wider variety of colorful fish. That being said you can pick up a 10g at petsmart with a hob filter, hood for about 25 bucks also comes with a light but not enough to support a salt tank.

Back
Top Bottom