Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #141
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Skype™ to kdpuffer
Well folks its been a while so figure I should post something. My fish are in their final week of treatment in the hospital tank and everyone is looking fantastic and healthy. So stoked to get them back in the tank!!!!!!! All corals are growing well and my sps I got a while back have all started encrusting the epoxy they are mounted with. My torch coral is doing well though I did lose one head after removing the barnacles the other head is bouncing back nicely. My frogspawn, candy cane and GSP are growing like weeds. I'm also trying to convince the boss to let me start my seahorse tank but so far it's a no go. I did get a bunch of dry base rock (old coral skeletons collected by the father in law) given to me so hopefully I can get her on board. Anyways that's it for now.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #142
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I've decided tonight is the night for fish to go back in. Everyone is looking awesome so after my water change I will be dripping them back into the DT. So stoked to be able to enjoy them swimming around again. I am also thinking of cleaning out my 29 and starting to cycle it.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #143
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh and while I'm at it I am thinking of adding something else fishwise. I'm thinking something small and colorful with some character and I want some suggestions.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #144
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Havent had time to respond..but AWESOME! So stoked for you bro. Im jealous of your coral growth..i havent seen squat. Goodluck with the drip man.

Melanarus Wrasse!!! Perfectly fits the description of what you need!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #145
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66 View Post
Havent had time to respond..but AWESOME! So stoked for you bro. Im jealous of your coral growth..i havent seen squat. Goodluck with the drip man.

Melanarus Wrasse!!! Perfectly fits the description of what you need!
looks very pretty but i dont kow about wrasses. i want something not proe to jumping, reef safe as i have tube worms inverts and stuff, and if its not to much to ask something with the color blue as its my favourite color. i was considering a blue spot jawfish after seeing bens new one-looks awesome!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #146
Aquarium Advice Addict

oh and maybe something to sift sand also and is not known as a picky eater. i have mandarin on my list for a later date once i get a fuge going. maybe a small goby or an open swimmer. also im not a big fan of fish with visible scales.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #147
Aquarium Advice Addict

i just happened across the catalina goby and WOW, the i saw the temperature requirements :-(
Old 07-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #148
Aquarium Advice Addict

well ive been browsing online but havent found a fish that fits the bill short of a mandarin. i may just see if i can find a tank raised one thats eating prepared foods. i may also be able to swindle my lfs into a swap for an aqua clear 110 so i can build a HOB fuge. i know he wants RODI water so maybe thats the avenue to take. the only other fish ive found that i like is a fire fish. annyone have experience with these?
Old 07-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #149
Aquarium Advice Addict

How bout one of my favorites the rainford's goby mine is constantly sifting sand or picking at the rocks and has great coloring
Old 07-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #150
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here he is the day I got em

Tags
55 gallon, build, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Rasp | Chemicals »