90 Gallon Saltwater Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would either qt If you can, or at least find out what's doing this. Do you have a fuge? If its big enough, you could put him in there for a little while.

What is going on here?
I came home and found this

Seems like my anemone eat my peppermint shrimp. :(

Attachments

• image-2536723340.jpg
    image-2536723340.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 110
I can't really tell by the picture, but most likely it's just a molt that got caught in the nem's grasp - the peppermint will probably emerge in a day or so once its new shell hardens.

TLTGF said:
I can't really tell by the picture, but most likely it's just a molt that got caught in the nem's grasp - the peppermint will probably emerge in a day or so once its new shell hardens.

I really hope ur right.

I have been feeding my anemone's 1 shrimp per week. I didn't last week since my nitrates were up. I was feeding less to my fish too.
I thought since it had tasted shrimp as food it may have eaten one too.

Any thoughts on my clownfish?

How big is the fuge? I would move the injured one just to see what the heck is going on but if you can, move both for sure.

I don't think it will be enough for one. That's a little small. I would just keep trying to find what is Nipping at it. Could it be another fish?

I'm not sure. I think there is a medicine called melafix, which helps, but I haven't really had to deal with anything like it before. Maybe you should make a thread about it.

I have swc skimmer doesn't produce much skimate.

How do u feel aqua C EV- 240? I can get one for $200.

mr_X said:
ThaT SWC skimmer is a much better skimmer than an Aqua-c. What model do you have?

Hi Doug, it's SWC xtreme 200 skimmer.
But It's not producing a lot of skimate. About 10-11" in water.
In comparison my coralife 125 skimmer produced more on a 30 gallon tank last yr.

May be I should install that too than see after a week. Should I do that?

Something is wrong then, because that sicce pump pulls a lot of air. That skimmer should be about 100 times better than a coralife. I wouldn't give up on it just yet.

mr_X said:
Something is wrong then, because that sicce pump pulls a lot of air. That skimmer should be about 100 times better than a coralife. I wouldn't give up on it just yet.

Any suggestions. What do up do?

I closed it a bit more moving the bubble level to the neck. See how this goes.

Just curious- I hear tick tick sound in my tank. I have heard this from the beginning. But haven't been able to find anything. Any idea's?

Pistol shrimp or mantis shrimp. It would explain the fin of the clown...

They use their claw to make a clicking sound, it's really powerful.

needmorecowbell said:
Pistol shrimp or mantis shrimp. It would explain the fin of the clown...

They use their claw to make a clicking sound, it's really powerful.

Can't say. Never seen him. Anyway to lure him out and see what it is.

Back
Top Bottom