90 gallon start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So if I have a 90 gallon tank with 200lbs of LS and 150lbs LR how much water will it take to fill it? Can anyone help please? I wanna go get water today but idk how much I should get!

Khij159753 said:
So if I have a 90 gallon tank with 200lbs of LS and 150lbs LR how much water will it take to fill it? Can anyone help please? I wanna go get water today but idk how much I should get!

Sorry, don't know. There's probably some kind of math calculation that could figure that out, but I don't know it.

Well I can tell you that for my 55g I had to get about 35-40g actual water. But you have higher percentage of rock than I did. I started with about 40# rock.

Yeah id say somewhere in the 60-70 gallon mark probably.. excited for your new additions :) post pics when you get them!

I will! Today I got 30 gallons of water. :) I'll get more after a while.

Any ideas where to find a decent one for 150-200? I just don't want something that'll crap out on me. I might be able to convince my parents to help me out :)

Khij159753 said:
Any ideas where to find a decent one for 150-200? I just don't want something that'll crap out on me. I might be able to convince my parents to help me out :)

Go on bulkreefsupply.com they have a good one on there for like $169.99, its a 4stage setup. The one I plan on getting soon.. everyone I talk to says to go there for that kinda stuff, apparently BRS makes good rodi units

I got a 5 stage RO/DI system chloramine special from Buckeye Field Supply for something like $175. BRS is good too like DanS said.

So I got 25 gallons of water. should I take out a ton of water and have a part filled tank? That way when it's full I'll have very little nitrates? Or should I just be doing 10-20% changes?

Khij159753 said:
So I got 25 gallons of water. should I take out a ton of water and have a part filled tank? That way when it's full I'll have very little nitrates? Or should I just be doing 10-20% changes?

Thats confusing lol just fill it up all the way, cycle it then worry about your water changes

It is cycled and full haha. I just wanna get nitrates down fast Haha. It's full and cycled.. Been cycled for a couple weeks... And I have 25 gallons of water I'm gettin prepared so that I can do a WC

Khij159753 said:
It is cycled and full haha. I just wanna get nitrates down fast Haha. It's full and cycled.. Been cycled for a couple weeks... And I have 25 gallons of water I'm gettin prepared so that I can do a WC

Oh now I understand what u meant, you worded it very weird lol well what r your nitrates at now? If they're really high id do a BIG water change otherwise 10-20% would be just fine

Well theyre at like 100 :eek:
But I can only get 25-30 gallons every couple days.

Back
Top Bottom