adding 20lbs of Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooltop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Will a sand storm kill my one fish. or is there a more effeciant way on adding the sand. I just need to add to my right front side of my 72 gallon tank tank has been up since November

No the sand storm wont kill your fish. It may make them unhappy and could stress them a bit but they should be fine.

As mentioned rinse the heck out of the sand before putting it in the tank. I've done it a few different ways and I have found that a plastic cup works best for me. I scoop one cup full at a time and pour it into the area I want the sand.

I used a 2" piece of pvc long enough to reach the bottom and poured the sand into the tube. Didn't make much of a stir at all. You'll need someone to hold the tube steady for you though. Use you hand at the top as a funnel

Make sure to rinse the sand very well. What I did was after I rinsed it fill a large cup full of the west sand, hold it upright and slowly bring it to the bottom and then slowly tilt the cup so the sand falls out. It should not make much of a stir.

Back
Top Bottom