Adding calcium into the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefrt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like to know on how to adding calcium into my tank. I buy a azoo calcium powder, and it say there 1 spoon of calcium mixed with 5 litter of water and have to finish in 5 to 6 days. I used dripping system into sump. About 1 litters a day and takes about 45mint to finish. My question: how much to add and this will be continue on everyday?. For your info my water quantity is 160g. (110g in tank and 50g in sump)

Any particular reason for adding calcium? I've had good luck with a deresa clam doing nothing but water changes. No calcium. You got something putty a heavy drain on calcium?

what is the current calcium level in the tank? you cannot dose anything unless you can first measure it.

I have a lot of hard coral and clam. My calcium lavel below 300ppm. And i have receive advice from LFS to adding calcium into the tank.

Get some calcium buffer from Kent marine or a similar manufacturer and get it up to about 420ppm. You maintain that number by dosing Kalkwasser which again you can get from Kent Marine or similar manufacturer. But as noted in a previous post never dose anything with first testing levels. Also when you dose make sure you do it slowly in a drop process or your php levels could be adjusted.

In my area only 1 LFS and this shop only sell Ozoo brand. That not much choice to me. After two dose (2 litter) i see the different. My daisy coral start to come out, this coral seen i buy one month a go i never see them really come out. But I not sure any related to the calcium.

Back
Top Bottom