Alge help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2pac.biggie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello my Tank has got black alge growing on the sand and it comes back very fast after doing a water change. I dont like the alge on my sand or any alge what do i do to keep mt tank clean and stop this alge from coming out soo fast?

Sounds like cyano. Is this a new tank? What's your filtration and feeding schedule along with stock list?

Its not a brand new tank its 2nd hand 65litre nano tank which i got for cheap. My filter is built in at the back of the tank just had to buy a new sponge, the carbs and etc. iv just got rocks in my tank at the moment and clown fishes

But you had to tear it down and move it though? There is a good chance a lot of nutrients are being released back into the system. Have you checked parameters?

So what can i do to stop this alge stuff growing quickly? And i havent checked no :S

Only bad things happen quick in SW. Just keep up with water changes and a good feeding schedule. Are you using Ro/Di water cause if not that's part of the problem.

You mean where i get my saltwater from? I get it from my LFS cause im new to this im taking things slow you see. So i do a 10% water change every friday and my feeding to my clowns are twice a day flakes in the morning and frozen at night. I keep my light on maxium of 9hours a day

You can feed them less I feed every other day. And what do you use for top off water?

What do you mean top of water? Lol and oh thats ok then i feed it every other day then :)

Ya i feed my clown tank ever other day and my reef every third day but top off water is fresh Ro/Di water to compensate for evaporation since salt does not evaporate the salinity will continue to rise unless you top off or compensate with a lower salinity during water changes

I been told just to buy the saltwater from my LFS and do the water change as a normal water change on a tank :S

Iv got a picture of my tank so if you want to look at it and let me no if its ok and everything that would be great :) but i havent got them corels in anymore just the rocks and sand

Back
Top Bottom