All fish are gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

55newbie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
ok so as the name implies, I am fairly new at this and I have a 55 gal that was up and running for the entire year, some parasite has caused all of my fish to die,I thought it was ICH because I saw the fish scraping up against the gravel and objects in tank, so I treated with medicine for that, raised temp all to NO avail, all fish are gone and I find myself starting over,how long should I wait to start again, should I do an entire water change, 50% ? any advise would be greatly appreciated ...:facepalm:

I would do a large water change. What are the parameters on your tank? It sounds like ich to me...but you don't raise the temp for ich you lower the salinity. If all of your fish had ich, then there was something else wrong in the tank to stress them out to get ich. Were you doing weekly water changes? Was there anything added prior to the die off?

I would do a large water change. What are the parameters on your tank? It sounds like ich to me...but you don't raise the temp for ich you lower the salinity. If all of your fish had ich, then there was something else wrong in the tank to stress them out to get ich. Were you doing weekly water changes? Was there anything added prior to the die off?

yes i was doing the weekly water changes,right before this happened i added to new plants and also two new fish

Back
Top Bottom