Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks Carey, I was just looking at that system a couple day ago. I have been feeding a mix of ROD's/ Pellet/ Brine shrimp on different days. I have been changing 5 gal at a time I'll move to 10 for a bit though. Again thaks for everything.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:15 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Good luck, I bet you see results just from upping the water change amount and cutting back a tad on your feeding. That Rods food is good but it leaves an awful lot of uneaten food in my tanks. Not to mention only like 2 of my fish even eat it. lol

Old 09-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well I tested my RO water and low and behold im getting readings for ammonia-.25 and nitrates-10. I was gonna get a skimmer and refugium first but now I'm really considering that RO/DI unit. Guess since I have such a small system I'll just get the $65 unit.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Well that explains where the ammonia is coming from and the extra nitrates.

Here is the link again for the ro/di unit.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

It's alot cheaper than getting a skimmer and other stuff too. Plus no more lugging water here and there. lol
Old 09-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Perfect. To make it even better I just sold some stuff and paypal is fully funded

Tags
ammonia, ammonia spike, spike

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com