And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine only sifts on rare occasion - more often than not he doesn't. I wouldn't think the algae is from the sand sifting, but I'm no expert.

I have heard the Green Emerald Crabs sometimes eat it. I thought I saw a bubble once, and after I introduced my Emerald, it was gone. I haven't seen a spot since.

It is possible that it wasn't Bubble Algae, though.

Just my quick $.2 :)

I've had stellar luck with emerald crabs and bubble algae. I only had 3 of them but they managed to find the couple of bubbles I had in the 6 foot tank! I could barely find them but these guys had it gobbled up in a few days. :)

They are great critters to have anyways, bubble algae or not, at least I think so. lol Mine will do a little dance on the front glass sometimes and it's hilarious!

This is the 2nd one I have had we took the first one out thinking that he was killing fish. They both danced along the glass in the early morning.

They are great critters to have anyways, bubble algae or not, at least I think so. lol Mine will do a little dance on the front glass sometimes and it's hilarious!

I agree, Bubble Algae or no Bubble Algae, they are fun to observe. ;)I have seen mine do the dance before too.

Just a photo of my sump after moving my skimmer to the outside and adding the filter sock. I had to change some of the plumbing to make it work. I also added new floss to all of the baffels. I forgot the photo, here it comes.

Well the 4 weeks will be in the 18th I don't know if I can stand another 4 after that. I will try but Tue family is wanting fish in the system

The 18th is my 4 week fallow mark too . Im in the same boat as you not sure if I or my puff can make it.

After talking about emerald crabs and bubble algae I have now noticed that I have not seen the one I had in about a month. I am thinking that he is gone. I am thinking that this my be the reason I have all of the algae that I am seeing. Who knows he may have died and was taking care of it leading up to this?

Back
Top Bottom