And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No.I was thinking that I would wait till after the cycle to set up the two canister filters, uv light and the Skimmer

I would hook up a the filtration. It will help clear the sand and keep the water moving. You should cycle though with all your doo dads hooked up so the media in them can get bacteria as well.

Thanks redsea. And I will add all of my filters tomorrow. Can't do it today I have got to do my 15 hour work day.

I agree with Carey - add everything now. I used that sand on one of my tanks and it looked like a dust storm in there for two days with the filtration running :(

Ok installed the 405 added the rock. I just put the rock in so I would have the right amount of water. I will stack it when the water clears up and than I will post photos.

So after about 12 hours the tank is clearing up nicely. It was much easier to aquascape with rock outside of the tank. I am not liking what I put together at all.

ForumRunner_20111030_082046.jpg

Ok installed the skimmer and it is sending lots of very fine bubbles in to the tank, is this a bad thing it doesn't look good.

jjamontan said:
Ok installed the skimmer and it is sending lots of very fine bubbles in to the tank, is this a bad thing it doesn't look good.

I have heard that skimmers require a time of adjustment, but someone may want to correct me on that.

Yep, both my skimmers took at least 2 weeks to "break in" and after that it was a matter of finding the sweet spot on the adjustment knob.

Use a lot of filter floss in your filter (if you aren't already) to help clear the water...it is just fine particles moving about in the water column and the filter floss will catch them quickly.

As for aquascaping, my record to date is 8 rescapes before I finally decided I liked it. Of course, the peppermint shrimp and snails have since "redecorated" and I had to move some more about when I added a semi-aggressive coral that I just couldn't pass up. :) Not only did I have to get it in an area where the sweeper tentacles couldn't contact other corals but I had to get it closer to the lights.

tlkng1 said:
Use a lot of filter floss in your filter (if you aren't already) to help clear the water...it is just fine particles moving about in the water column and the filter floss will catch them quickly.

As for aquascaping, my record to date is 8 rescapes before I finally decided I liked it. Of course, the peppermint shrimp and snails have since "redecorated" and I had to move some more about when I added a semi-aggressive coral that I just couldn't pass up. :) Not only did I have to get it in an area where the sweeper tentacles couldn't contact other corals but I had to get it closer to the lights.

Water has cleared up now after I installed the Skimmer I am dealing with lots of little bubbles in the tank. They are creating bubbles all over the tank. From what I have read this my stop. As of now I am feeling like I have set up the skimmer wrong. But there is not much I can see or figure out that I have done wrong.

So after 5 days with the dead shrimp in the tank my ammonia is still at 0. When should I see it start to go up?

Back
Top Bottom