Aptasia near mushroom...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moo33284

Aquarium Advice Activist
How can I get rid of aptasia without harming my mushrooms or button polyps? Any ideas?

Thank you! I'll definitely go pick some up tomorrow.

Did you notice a oily film on your water after using aptasia-x? I have that and the only thing I can think of is maybe that did it?? I can't figure it out.

I use joes juice which is the same formuler as aptasia x just after using my first pricey aptasia x bottle they brought out joes juice for a 3rd cheaper :) never had no problems with either of them i have lps sps and softies and inverts fish with no problems to any try to keep it away from nems tho ive never had problem but have read people have had problems with aptasia x harming there nems or stressing it for a period of time.. the oily film can come from the oils on our skin

The guy at my lfs today said joes juice might harm my polyps and stuff....think he just said that cause he didn't know and didn't want to be liable ya know. Should have gotten some when I was there...always forget something! Sucks that the hidden reef store I go to is 40 minutes away. ooh well. looks like I'm going back tomorrow

I was thinking that too... Maybe it's the soap I wash with before I put my hands in the tank...

Yeah I try to avoid putting any kind of soap or perfume in the tank. Only thing I do is wash up under hot water only before going in.

Thats nonsense rule of thumb is to not put to much in the tank as it makes aptasisa explode.. Good to watch the little pests do this :) i stick to no more than 2mls a day which can kill many small aptasisias or a few large keep waterflow on and your see the white like foam dissapear ive had it land on my hammer mushrooms stars leathers and even a spot on my nem and they wasnt even fazed the formula is a food like for aptasia but rapidly overfeeds to kill them off i tend to keep mine under control about 2 times a week no change in water parameters its all fine

Mine are soo tiny I don't even know for sure if it's aiptasia...the one seems to be iridescent, shining all kinds of colors when I flash light in it. Is that normal for some types? I guess I'll give the stuff a go just to be safe...can't hurry if it turns out not to be I guess..

Its always best to get aptasisia out and keep it under control asap as they apear all the time i clear mine up once maybe twice a week just remember to only do a few in a 24hr period and yea the colours are common on aptasisa

It's literally so small I don't think it will show up. It's about the size or maybe smaller than tiny feather dusters but clear looking until you shine a light on it. It's right between t two mushrooms too. Should I wait to see if it gets bigger to get rid of it or will aptasia x be able to get it now? Just seems sooo tiny

If it is aptaisia which it sound to me thats what it is then its better to get rid of them sooner than later

Back
Top Bottom