aquarium stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fisheye

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am currently shopping for a new oak aquarium stand for my 75 gallon tank. Unfortunately it seems to me that there are only few models around (or at least they all look the same to me). Can someone suggest some good one ? some website ? what you guys have for your tank.

thanks,

Looked at the AGA pine stands? Only thing I can suggest is to stay away from the glass door stands. Cute, but a pain. Can't put lights down there if you wanted to do a fuge sort of thing.

Anyway, anything solid wood is better tha particle. Also, I put a coat of polyurethane on mine to help - especially the interior.

Keep regular furniture in mind as well. My 55 sits on a solid wood Buffet side bar. if you need to put tanks or other equipment under in the stand then this obviously won't work for you, but if you plan on having the equipment elsewhere or don't have a lot of equipment (like I do) it might be an alternative for you.

If you have some extra money to spend you could perhaps seek out a carpenter (cabinet maker) to build a stand for you to match the room you're puting it in. Or if you don't have extra cash but are DIY inclined you could build it yourself :)

Back
Top Bottom