Arrow Crab compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matusewicz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I heard arrow crabs might become aggressive and eat crabs and shrimps is this true? I have a 29gallon reef and i wanted to know if my crab would attack porcelain crabs sallylightfoot crabs hermit crabs and harlequin and skunk cleaner shrimps and snails also:thanks:

There are few cases where people have had success and compatability, but many crabs are very agressive. It will most likely eat all of those other inverts and even small fish if it has the chance.

what about a coral shrimp will he kill other stuff? my arrow crab will already be in the fuge

allrighty so for crustaceans hows 1 harlequin shrimp, 1 skunk cleaner shrimp maybe about 5 turbo snails and 3 hermit crabs? they should all get along nicely with a clownfish, bicolor blenny, bicolor dottyback,orange stripe prawn goby right? and also does the sand bed have to be very deep for a jawfish or is 2 inches enough so he can just build a little cave between the rocks?

Sounds good to me! And ya jawfish need deep sand beds. If i had one i would have a 5" sand bed, how do you like your orange stripe prawn goby? I am considering getting one :D

haha actually all i have right now is the percula clown fish and the arrow crab. i'll get the rest once i get my skimmer.:lol: i just ordered a bunch of test kits, skimmer, powerheads. all i need now is my fishneedit light fixture and supplements for corals. im gonna do LPS and polyps

im gonna post some pics of my tank in a sec. do you know how to get rid of brown algae diatioms quickly. they're just so ugly!

They will help clean it up but if there is still silicates then they will just keep coming back. It is different for every tank so it may be gone in a few days or a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom