At What temperature do you keep your aquarium ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
80 and 81 is good.. +or - 1 degree in a day shouldn't hurt fish.. My tank is normally between 80 and 82.. I have my heater in both tanks set at 82f which seems to hold it pretty close except on the extremely hot days we have been having.. In the high 90's It finally started to rain now though... Gotta love Oregon for that one...

James

alright..... so you guys are saying the temp should be between 80 and 81.... but when i check the sites to find out what they eat/ph/sg/temp they all say temp should be between 72 and 78...i'm just wondering why they say that.... but then when i go diving in the caribean the water temp is at 80 and i see the same fish i would put in my tank.... someone please explain... i'm starting a new tank (only 4 days old) and want to cycle it correctly thanks :lol:

wanderer90 said:
they all say temp should be between 72 and 78...i'm just wondering why they say that.... but then when i go diving in the caribean the water temp is at 80 and i see the same fish i would put in my tank.... someone please explain

reefrunner69 said:
One reason cooler temps were advised before was that cooler temps hold more oxygen, this was the biggest reason since SW doesn't hold all that much to begin with ;).

To some extent what RR has posted is very true and for the longest time was what was considered the "norm". With the many improvements in equipment and the way tanks are set up, it is not as necessary. If you have the tank set up properly with an ample amount of water flow, surface aggitation and gas exchange; 80° will do fine. As I said though, a stable temp is important.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom