At What temperature do you keep your aquarium ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sam

Aquarium Advice Freak
:?: Just read an interesting article listed by Reefrunner that recommends keeping temps higher than I thought to at this point. I am very interested in a quick poll of the temperature that everyone keeps their various tanks at and at what SG :?: :?:

Wow! Thanks for the feed back so far everyone. I find that information very helpful and need to consider all of this in addition to what most of the autors basically advise, that is keeping it somewhere in the 75 degree range. I will certainly revise my initial plans and bump up the holding temperature. Any thoughts or ideas on why the authors recommend such lower temperatures anyone??? :?:

Any thoughts or ideas on why the authors recommend such lower temperatures anyone???

Many don't anymore, you should look at the date of publication when reading reference material, this hobby and the opinions involved have changes drastically over the years.

One reason cooler temps were advised before was that cooler temps hold more oxygen, this was the biggest reason since SW doesn't hold all that much to begin with ;).

Good point. What are the best trade rags for the marine aquarist that I should subscribe to. I am looking for one that will be informative in terms of everyday issues for the home aquarist. Any suggestions? Thanks

don't understand

:?: I'm not sure i understand new & :mrgreen: as a lime i have asked ?& i was told 76-77 reef & fish can't afford a cooler yet so here i go going nuts with FANS.
Now i read App 80 81 to83 etc.
Please HELP.
Aldo
:mrgreen: as a lime

The key issue with your temp is stability. The more frequently the temp changes up and down within a single day, the more stress to the tanks inhabitants. If you can keep a steadier temp throughout the day and is within reason, you do not need a chiller.

What is the max daily temp in your tank?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom