Aug-Sept: Let's hear about the bargains you've found...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, RodneyCK !!

Glad you got it OK!!... Wasn't sure what's going on in California these days!!???(LOL!!) Between governors, fires and storms !!!

Let us all know how it works for you..... as you will be one of the FIRST actual
independent consumers using it!!

Bernie

Thanks Bernie. California will definitely throw you a curve ball or two, LOL.

I will give you an update soon. My tank is now set up and I am off this Sunday to purchase a couple of fish.

:p

RodneyCK

RodneyCK...

How's things going along with the new tank setup....???

Have you checked any water parameters?? I'm anxious to hear
some info on actual customer usage??

Don't mean to bug you.

Bernie

Hi Bernie,

You are not bugging me. I am happy to report, so far so good. I added the Bio-Spira last Sunday to my tank along with a small clown fish and a lemon butterflyfish. I tested the waters on Thursday for PH = 8.0, Ammonia = 0, Nitrite = 0 and Nitrate = 0.

Today, I had to get another clown fish to mate or buddy with the first one. He was a failure-to-thrive clown, probably missed his mom or its mate, just sat in the corner looking at its reflection. Once I added the new clownfish today, they both have been bouncing around the aquarium having a ball.

I tested the ammonia level right before adding the second clownfish and it was between 0 and .25 on the chart. The bio-spira website said it is normal to see a slight increase in levels. I figure it must be working because the ammonia levels under normal cycling conditions would have been increasing dramatically by now.

I will keep you posted and give you another update on the levels in about a week. Thanks for asking and I am crossing my fingers.

RodneyCK

OK...Rodney.

Just a suggestion though..... your pH should be 8.3, so you may want
to try a bit of pH buffer commonly available for Salt Aquariums, to get it
up there.

Bernie

I have added a couple of new dead corals since Thursday so I will test again. If it is still low, then I will try and find or order the pH buffer.

Thanks,
Rodney

Ok ive taken stock of my BARGAIN. Here goes: 1) 90 gal tank with wood stand and wood hood and light with coral life bulbs. 1) 40 gal bredder tank with wood stand and hood/light with coral life bulb. 1) 30 gal tank with glass hood and reptile cover and reptile heater. 1) 20 gal tank. 1) 10 gal tank with hood/light. 1) aquaclear 200. 1) penguin ? with bio wheel. 3) aquaclear 500. 6) amrids & 6) charcoal packs for aquaclear 500. 2) spare coral life bulbs. 1) spare intrepet bulb. 1) 100w heater. 2) 300w heaters. 1) fluval 404 canister filter 1) aqua 25w uv sterilizer. 1) 5gal bucket of coral (30lbs or so) and all sorts of other various decorations and solutions and food and......... it never ends
ALL OF THIS EQUIPMENT IS UNDER 1 YEAR OLD.

my total cost....... "free, you haul"
0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X 0X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom