Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #231
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fish safari usually has hundreds of clowns so that doesnt surprise me. Pet paradise has clowns for 14.99 a piece or $25 for a pair at times. They all have something different. Depends who you know in the business too ha

Old 02-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #232
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Animal jungle has more bad things then good IMO .I hear bad advice whenever I'm there. Their frozen food is double the price that you can get it at care a lot and all-pet. All the live rock and cheato has Apastasia. Anyways thanks for the tip on Atlantic sea farm. I got some cheato and it looks 100x better than the jungles.

^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #233
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Send a message via AIM to mrbee2828 Send a message via Yahoo to mrbee2828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondatek View Post
Animal jungle has more bad things then good IMO .I hear bad advice whenever I'm there. Their frozen food is double the price that you can get it at care a lot and all-pet. All the live rock and cheato has Apastasia. Anyways thanks for the tip on Atlantic sea farm. I got some cheato and it looks 100x better than the jungles.

I agree, I'd never get rock there. In fact, while we were waiting I was looking in one of the frag tanks and they had these amazing softies and the entire back seemed to be blown away by all this apastasia in the rear of the rock it was on. I'm just taking advantage of some of the sale prices to get things going. I think all my coral will end up being through the reef meet ups, atlantic sea farms or Fish Safari. If you want to talk to someone cool and old school, James at FS is the man.
mrbee2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #234
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

I went out into the garage early this morning to see how the temp did last night since we're having our first real cold snap this weekend. The tank was at 75į. I think insulating the outer wall is going to be the final touch but I am thinking about getting another 200w in the coming weeks. I can drop this in the return camber and use it to heat new water during changes. Finishing the garage and another heater should be perfect.

Also.. copepods... I dropped in some trigger pods (brand I guess) last week and remember that the rock was about 6 years old. I when I looked in the tank this morning the front glass was covered in these little white flea like things. They were gone when I checked later sometime after the lights came one.

Are these copepods? The ones I put in were red. I just wonder if I have something else that is flourishing now that the tank is really fully functioning or if these are younger hatchlings of the red ones I planted? Thoughts?

In any case, the guy at Animal Jungle said I probably had a decent amount of them in the tank already if the rock is that old and the tank has been set up for 2 months at my house now.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #235
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wait atleast 2-3 more months before adding Copepods. Trust me, they eat through them like bulldozer snails do to algae
Old 02-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #236
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
Wait atleast 2-3 more months before adding Copepods. Trust me, they eat through them like bulldozer snails do to algae
You mean wait 2-3 more months before adding the goby right?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #237
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbee2828

You mean wait 2-3 more months before adding the goby right?
Yeah. I know he's beautiful but he's also worth the wait.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #238
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Exactly, I was wondering more about the white things on the glass and if they were copepods etc.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #239
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbee2828
Exactly, I was wondering more about the white things on the glass and if they were copepods etc.
Those sound like amphipods. Copepods are free swimming
Old 02-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #240
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

So I got 3 green chromis last Wednesday and 2 of the 3 are suspect right now. I don't have a QT tank yet as I don't have all the equipment I need. I'm not planning on adding anymore stock until I do. 1 of the 3 is on his last "fin" it seems. I found him hiding under a rock and got him in a fry net. He's swimming in vertical circles when he's swimming at all. One of the other 2 is hiding a lot at the back of the tank and the other is happy go lucky and all over. Any thoughts? I'm assuming it's a parasite of some sort. There are no external illnesses signs that I can see.

Tags
75g, build, fowlr, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com