Benjamin's 75g Garage Build (FOWLR to Reef)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I discovered red bugs about 2 weeks ago. Unable to find interceptor, I looked into Sentenil and dropping the temp. Since neither was 100% proven at this time and both have been noted as working for some people I decided to drop the temp as it was a single day effort and no carbon or massive water changes would be involved. I never got the temperature below 68° after 10 hours of effort with it being in the garage. Later that week I spotted more red bugs so I decided to rip out all the acros and bayer dip them on and off for 6 weeks. This will starve the display and remove unwanted bugs and future hatchlings in the QT tank. I have everything ins 20g dubbed "acro ally" until we're done.

stock-097.jpg

That sucks about the red bugs. Think about ordering interceptor online? Those acros are plain amazing and would be a shame anything to happen to such nice colonies.

They don't make it anymore unfortunately. I could be wrong about hidden locations of it online. I would assume any stock left is expired by now though and not useful or less effective. On top of that, the same drugs used to kill the red bugs will kill the pod population and tons of other beneficial things and I have a mandarin and wrasse that feed on them. Hence the water changes and carbon dosing to remove die off and medication. This is the most difficult process but it's also the most effective and has the least impact on the rest of the tank.

oh oh I follow you. Yeah I could to further ensure treatment if I could find it. I don't care about the pods in the QT. I was referring to the main display. Thanks for the feedback/suggestions.

So it's been well over a month now since I began the acro treatment. I too a bazillion macro shots today to inspect for red bugs. No signs! So I think I'm going to do one last dip today and return the colonies to the display However... before I do that I have seen more monti eating nudis on my large remaining cap. It's at the bottom of the left side but I have decided to take an extra 30mins or so today and remove the upper rockwork to get the massive rock/cap out and dip it as well. I'm going to brush it really well to remove any remaining eggs that may survive the dip process. I will post pictures tonight or early this week.

I had a friend over for some beers and conversation this weekend and it was just about impossible to see the inside of my tank. I haven't cleaned the glass in over a week with everything going on. I pretty much spent the whole day cleaning and working on it. I took a few pictures afterward. I'm working on a new rock pillar for some of the colonies I have that will be in tomorrow at some point. Notice... zero red bugs. #winning

stock-100.jpg

stock-101.jpg

stock-102.jpg

stock-103.jpg

stock-104.jpg

stock-105.jpg

stock-106.jpg

stock-107.jpg

stock-108.jpg

stock-109.jpg

stock-110.jpg

Yeah, the way I understand this is that it hardwires into one of the lights like you do on a laptop and then it's on the wifi network from then on. You can make changes via iPhone, laptop etc.

Back
Top Bottom