Better Filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceanic29

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I finally decided to put my 29 gallon fish tank back together for my son who showed interest in fish after visiting a local fish store. Not wanting to make a big investment at the time I just set everything up like I had it 15 yrs ago which includes an amiracle 50 wet dry filter and a rio 2500 pump. The LFS talked me into buying 13lbs. of live rock to help cycling. Its been 5 weeks and my nitrates are finally at 0. After speaking with different fish stores half want me to get rid of my wet/dry for a hang on back filter and add a protein skimmer. I am willing to purchase a new filter if it wil ensure better water quality and healthier fish. I have gotten suggestions to use aquatop PSE1 or a aqueon 30. Please help confirm the LFS suggestions or if the current setup is adequate for good filtration. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

There are so many ways to do this on a 29. A hob filter, to skim or not to skim. No mechanical filtration at all... It's up to preference really. Check out some other 29s in the nano section, in particular, convicts one.

Ezy, I buy my water at the LFS. I do 5 gallon water changes every 2 weeks. I will look into a water purification system, if I remember correctly they are fairly expensive. Let me know if you have a system you recommend. Right now I am OK with spending the 10 bucks a month.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom