Brass in tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michealw1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am running two cannister filters at 700 g/h each! I also have a two tank sump and refugium on a 55g. Was having problems with filtering with just my sump and refugium, water stayed cloudy. Weekly cleaning of filters help a lot . 0 nitrite, ammonia, and nitrites. 60# live sand in tank and 30# live rock in DT and 20# in refugium with some chaetomorpha in there. I have a copper problem that is from a brass fitting in the tank so no inverts allowed which is cool, for now. Most likely adding fish this weekend.
2 percular clowns
10 green chromis
Domino damsel

image-876103013.jpg

image-653342887.jpg

Well the brass is in my sump on my return pump to my refugium, couldn't find the plastic fitting that fit my aquatop 306.

Why would you put the brass in the tank. It will leach and thus probably make the tank unsuitable for inverts ever.

One of the features of brass, is it has antimicrobial properties due the the high percentage of copper in it (often up to 65%). This is one of the main reasons we use brass faucets in outdoor applications. In addition, ammonia can cause brass to stress and crack. All-in-all, brass will kill your tank and the tank will destroy the brass.

Back
Top Bottom