Building a new sump!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

armyman16

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Many of you helped me with converting my sump into a refugium but now my friend is setting up a reef tank!
He's not sure in either a 75 or a 55 but he wants to use a canister filter, I personally don't like those, because they are so high maintenance!
So I talking him into building a sump but I'm not exactly sure how?
What do you all use to keep the dividers in place? Probably going to just buy a standard 10 or 20 gallon tank depending on what size he buys
But my first question is, how to keep the dividers in place? Is it a type of glue? If so, what kind is safe for fish?

You ought to be able to get a tube for a caulk gun for around $10. There are also tubes about twice the size of a toothpaste tube for $6-$8.

Rutrag said:
You ought to be able to get a tube for a caulk gun for around $10. There are also tubes about twice the size of a toothpaste tube for $6-$8.

That's pretty good, an I have plenty of caulk guns!! How could I get the water from the overflow into the sump? I've seen a lot of different ways but what do you all think is best?

Back
Top Bottom