Buying a complete setup..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gstewart

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone..

I thought this forum would be a good thing to join in my quest to own a reef aqaurium.

I plan to buy a complete setup already running and wanted to know if there were any tips on doing this kind of thing.

I am going to see the 3 year old tank today and have been informed as long as you transport the water from the tank and use that same water at the other end ( obviously ! ) the tank will suffer no disruption as far as maturity is concerned.

Also if the tank has any kind of disease dont you have to clean from scratch ?

Any help on buying a complete setup greatly recieved.

Thanks
Gary :wink:

I am going to see the 3 year old tank today and have been informed as long as you transport the water from the tank and use that same water at the other end ( obviously ! ) the tank will suffer no disruption as far as maturity is concerned.

I do like to use as much water as possible...but depending on the size of the aquarium, I wouldn't sweat it that much, it is more for acclimation than anything. There will be some die off on LR but depending on far you go with it...it shouldn't be a problem.

One thing you should do is a site search for moving a tank. There is an article on moving a tank in the articles section as well. Once you know what size tank etc...we can offer more specific advice. The biggest thing I can tell you now, is plan a whole day for moving the tank, do not rush it!!

OK.

Will browse for moving tank advice.

The tank is 4 x 2 x 1.5 - approx 240 litres. There is one starfish and one fish in it as well as australian and fijian rock. Apparently the starfish ate all the fish ?! thats why there is one left. ( can that happen ! )

The distance is 20 miles so not moving too far.

I am getting the name of the starfish and fish as i type...

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Gary

there is a PYJAMA CARDINAL and a GREEN BRITTLE STAR just found out.

Back
Top Bottom