buying on ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foma2000

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey every one. im starting a new 30 gal tank and my biggest desicion sofar is the skimmer. i was thinking about the cpr back pack, but its still pritty expencive. i found a cupple of small hot skimmers on ebay and i was wondering if anyone has had any bad/good experiences.

Link? There are a lot of different HOT skimmers, no idea which one(s) you are talking about :)

spicificly the cpr backpack. its on ebay but ill look for a link. theres also some other hot "skilters". skilter was the product name. and all of the ones that i saw were atleast half off the retail price

Skilters really do not work well for almost everyone, hence they are crap. It is not even new crap, for years people have been saying, "I can not believe I bought this (*@&ing Skilter! It does not work!" :)

Depending on the price on eBay, it could be worth it. You would likely not get the warranty, but the number of things that can go wrong with an acrylic box protein skimmer is almost non-existant. Alos, check out www.amekaaquatics.com, they sell Factory Seconds CPR equipment at a good price.

eBay is what you make of it. I have sold and bought roughly 150 items on eBay. I have perfect feedback, through those transactions. Only one was 'bad' and I was able to work it out with the other person.

just ensure the seller has good feedback, that is one good way to know your dealing with someone trustworthy. I have had good luck on ebay......but i won't bid on an item if the seller has a pattern of negative feedback.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom