Caitlynn's 75 gallon reef build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question! Can you have 2 sets of clownfish in one tank? I really like the oscilleris and the b&w ones. Could I have a set of each or would there be an issue?

caitlynnanne9189 said:
Question! Can you have 2 sets of clownfish in one tank? I really like the oscilleris and the b&w ones. Could I have a set of each or would there be an issue?

There'd be an aggression issue so they'd fight but you can have one of each

March 1st I get to move my sick fish back to the display tank. Then I will QT a pair of clowns for 4-6 weeks. And THEN, I am anxious to see if they will host my BTA :D

I think I'm just going to go for a regular pair of clowns this time.

scottayy said:
March 1st I get to move my sick fish back to the display tank. Then I will QT a pair of clowns for 4-6 weeks. And THEN, I am anxious to see if they will host my BTA :D

I think I'm just going to go for a regular pair of clowns this time.

It think that's what I will end up with but my concern is the QT :( I don't have the space to have another tank running so I'm gonna have to see if the reef store will QT

I doubt it. It would be a waste of their time and resources.

You can get your own set up for very minimal prices

10 gallon tank - $12
hob filter - $10
heater - $15
some pvc - $4
air stone/pump (maybe not needed) - $10

At this point in my aquarium travels, I have came to the conclusion that QT is an absolute necessity, not just something that is needed once in a while. If you don't use one, you will just end up going the hard route like most people do. It cannot be avoided.

scottayy said:

10 gallon tank - $12
hob filter - $10
heater - $15
some pvc - $4

At this point in my aquarium travels, I have came to the conclusion that QT is an absolute necessity, not just something that is needed once in a while. If you don't use one, you will just end up going the hard route like most people do. It cannot be avoided.

I wish it was an option. I don't have the room. It's not to much about the money just the room to put it.

Ok so my stand is almost ready so I'm going to water test the tank soon. I would like to mix a water vintages solution to take off the yucky stuff on the overflow. I bought a large contain of vinegar from Costco that is 1.32 gallons. How many of those should I use to make the solution strong enough to get that off. It will be sitting about a week to water test and I'm going to empty it then.

scottayy said:

10 gallon tank - $12
hob filter - $10
heater - $15
some pvc - $4

How long do you usually QT new fish for? With my new 40 breeder i want to add a couple new fish, but I don't want to risk my entire tank getting sick.

I wish it was an option. I don't have the room. It's not to much about the money just the room to put it.

Well I don't like playing hardball, but it doesn't matter lol. I mean you can do whatever you want I would just hate to see you lose investment and fish you're attached to. It really sucks. A 10 gallon isn't big at all. You could find room under a cabinet, on top the refrigerator (lol), in the basement.

scottayy said:
Well I don't like playing hardball, but it doesn't matter lol. I mean you can do whatever you want I would just hate to see you lose investment and fish you're attached to. It really sucks. A 10 gallon isn't big at all. You could find room under a cabinet, on top the refrigerator (lol), in the basement.

I'm in an apartment that's packed! I had to put things in the garage just to fit this and that was a fight. Trust me I get it and would love to do it but just no room if it would fit under the cabinet is do it but it won't with the sump under there

I'm thinking more and more about a QT. a 10 gallon would be sufficient? What all would I need on and in it to run it? This is pushing it but I'm going to try to see if there's any room in my place to put it!

Back
Top Bottom