Caitlynn's 75 gallon reef build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe its marco rocks you can get packages with dry rock and live rock mixed.. Thats what I did its coming along my dry are getting color some more than others and i put them in my tank in dec.
Marcorocks.com I think amd if u need sand they have packages with rock also

edwardclaxton said:
I believe its marco rocks you can get packages with dry rock and live rock mixed.. Thats what I did its coming along my dry are getting color some more than others and i put them in my tank in dec.
Marcorocks.com I think amd if u need sand they have packages with rock also

Awesome! Thanks!

Yay!!!!!!!!!

Income tax check came today! :D looks like I'll be putting it into the bank and buying stuff tomorrow :D can't wait!!

Alright so I finished the last coat of top coat just now. It's drying. Apparently my check won't clear till tomorrow so for now it's waiting!

Plan on buying tomorrow
1) 2 LED light panels
2) 1 protein skimmer
3) 2 power heads
4) 1 return pump

And them when Carey does the next bulk buy I'm gonna but my RODI unit.

As far as a float valve is this what I need? Or is just the valve good?

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store...shut-off-kit-for-reverse-osmosis-systems.html

I'll probably start water testing the tank this week. Maybe today I just want to make sure the stand is dry before I put the tank on it. Now of I fill up the tank with water the overflow won't fill up and leak the water out will it? I know it was explained before but I guess I'm just still a bit confused. I'm gonna look up how an over flow actually works so maybe it will help.

Sweet sweet progress!! :D it's great!

Just the kit is what you need for the auto shut off system. My ro di came with that and it's a great thing to have.

EriksFish315 said:
Just the kit is what you need for the auto shut off system. My ro di came with that and it's a great thing to have.

I'll be ordering it definitely! Can't wait for Carey's bulk but again! One more week! Lol

If you get the plus ro/di setup you will only need the $9.80 float valve not the kit. And bonus is that thye installed everything for me so I didn't have to do a thing. The auto shut off valve was inline already and I just drilled a hole in a garbage can and put in the float valve. The tube from the ro unit with the pure water goes into the float valve and it drips out til full. :-D

TBH I'd skip the skimmer now and get your rock. Then you can start cycling and you won't need a skimmer during your cycle.

carey said:
If you get the plus ro/di setup you will only need the $9.80 float valve not the kit. And bonus is that thye installed everything for me so I didn't have to do a thing. The auto shut off valve was inline already and I just drilled a hole in a garbage can and put in the float valve. The tube from the ro unit with the pure water goes into the float valve and it drips out til full. :-D

Oh awesome! :D yay!! I'll probably have the float valve on a 5gallon back that I will transfer to the 32gallon because I can't run a hose through my living room to my storage thing. Do I have to drill it to work or can I just hang it? I use that bucked for water changes.

Ibrahim said:
TBH I'd skip the skimmer now and get your rock. Then you can start cycling and you won't need a skimmer during your cycle.

That's true but I do need a sump and I'm waiting for the petco dollar per gallon sale. I'm gonna attempt to make me own sump with refugium and since the rock is cheaper than the skimmer id rather get that first while I have a chunk of money. I'll need it eventually anyway I wanna wait. I still gotta buy salt and my test kits for the calcium magnesium and others.

It's gonna be probably a month or two before it running but it's easier for me to save up 100 than 260.

caitlynnanne9189 said:
That's true but I do need a sump and I'm waiting for the petco dollar per gallon sale. I'm gonna attempt to make me own sump with refugium and since the rock is cheaper than the skimmer id rather get that first while I have a chunk of money. I'll need it eventually anyway I wanna wait. I still gotta buy salt and my test kits for the calcium magnesium and others.

It's gonna be probably a month or two before it running but it's easier for me to save up 100 than 260.

Yeah, buy the things you need now such as Ammo,Trite, and Trate tests. Mag, Alk, and Cal aren't needed until you start adding coral. Petsmart has relatively inexpensive aquariums. And 50lbs of baserock now and 50lbs later will save you quite a bit of money.

Ibrahim said:
Yeah, buy the things you need now such as Ammo,Trite, and Trate tests. Mag, Alk, and Cal aren't needed until you start adding coral. Petsmart has relatively inexpensive aquariums. And 50lbs of baserock now and 50lbs later will save you quite a bit of money.

True. I just kinda wanted to add all my rock at one time. I was gonna do about half base and half live. I can get 45lbs of live from petco for 157 with shipping and then from reef rocks 85 for 50lbs base. Plus I'll probably get my sand from them too. Idk I just like having the big ticket items out of the way. The tanks are about 50 for the 20g long I'm looking at. I'd rather wait and save the $30.

I think it would be easier to fill up the larger storage unit and transfer THAT to the 5g for water changes. :) And yeah, you kinda have to drill the can to have the float valve work. It's one 1/2 inch hole and thats it. It goes towards the top of the can as well.

caitlynnanne9189 said:
True. I just kinda wanted to add all my rock at one time. I was gonna do about half base and half live. I can get 45lbs of live from petco for 157 with shipping and then from reef rocks 85 for 50lbs base. Plus I'll probably get my sand from them too. Idk I just like having the big ticket items out of the way. The tanks are about 50 for the 20g long I'm looking at. I'd rather wait and save the $30.

The ones at petsmart are $30 for a 20g. The next gallon sale is in a few months since they only do it about 2-3 maybe 4 times a year. Also I'd get the sand from reefrocks. You can get 80lbs which will be enough for only $30 and it's washed. It can't get better than that lol

Also check Treasure Coast, FL on CL and search "live rock" then pick the 18th post called "live rock, wet/dry system system" He's selling cured live rock and a skimmer. Also some other stuff so you might want to check that out. Also offer him $2 a pound because let him know that you can also get baserock and that'll become live over time as well. He had a large tank too so that'll mean he's got alot of rock. :)

Back
Top Bottom