Caitlynn's 75 gallon reef build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright will look around to see what they have. I found a local guy that sells live rock for $4 a pound and that's pretty cheap since the reef store wants $9 a pound.

What do you think about sand mr x. I don't think any of my fish need a deep sand bed but it does look pretty.

On the tanks I have had I like at least seeing an inch or so above the black trim. I think that's about a 2 inch sand bed or so.

I'll look those up. Should I have 2 heaters in the tank? And what watt should I be looking for? Any other brand suggestions to compare? I may have asked this earlier but I don't remember

I'll look those up. Should I have 2 heaters in the tank? And what watt should I be looking for? Any other brand suggestions to compare? I may have asked this earlier but I don't remember

I have 2 Eheim Jagers in my 125g. I recommend two heaters because if one breaks, you will still have some heat in the tank while you get another heater. I also believe that two heaters spreads out the heat for evenly.

I don't have both of the heaters rated for 125g in my tank, they are both rated for 106g.

caitlynnanne9189 said:

Two heaters is safer if one malfunctions. Two 150s should be fine. That way if one does fail you still have one as backup. Choosing heaters also depends on ambient temp of where the tank is located.

What brands does everyone use. I looked up the jäger but them seem a little pricy to me. How are the Aqueon? I like mine I have in my freshwater tank.

carey said:
I use the aqueon pro's in all my tanks. Durable, pretty accurate and not majorly pricey. :)

I have the Aqueon too! I like it :) I may stick with that but I don't like that the temp adjuster is a bit of a pain when it comes to being accurate.

Do I need a heater for my QT tank?

HPballer76 said:
that ro system does not come with a float valve. thats the same one i have btw. i like it a lot.

I'm excited to get it! How's your water production? I should be ordering it in a little over a week! Did u but a float valve? If do theirs or another one?

it is pretty good. haven't really paid attention to how much water it actually makes in an hour. mine is a little slow though cause i only have 40psi of water pressure but i'm happy with it. i don't have a float valve at the moment. i just make sure to turn it on and off when i need it. mine is hooked up to my bathroom sink. i had to go to lowes to get an adapter to make the faucet adapter that came with the unit fit my sink.

HPballer76 said:
it is pretty good. haven't really paid attention to how much water it actually makes in an hour. mine is a little slow though cause i only have 40psi of water pressure but i'm happy with it. i don't have a float valve at the moment. i just make sure to turn it on and off when i need it. mine is hooked up to my bathroom sink. i had to go to lowes to get an adapter to make the faucet adapter that came with the unit fit my sink.

I may have to do the same. Mine will be hooked up to either the bathroom sink or the kitchen sink I'm gonna have a 32 gallon storage on my patio and transfer 5 gallon buckets to it as I need it.

Production most likely has a lot to do it water pressure I have 80 psi and make almost 8 gallons a hour but do have a 150gpd membrane.

Back
Top Bottom