Caitlynn's 75 gallon reef build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
So whats your stock look like at the moment?

Right now I still dk! Lol I know I want a pair of clowns. And I want peppermint shrimp, I'd like a cardinal and I want a kole tang. That's it do far. Of and an emerald crab.

The tank got put on hold cuz we went to Disney and its been hectic. I may have a buyer for my skimmer today. If it fits in his stand it's sold. Then it's back to waiting. Got summer classes at school coming up that have to be paid for.

Glad to see you back caitlynn!

Did you get to sell the skimmer yet? I'm sure thats a big deal so you can continue with this tank. :)

carey said:
Glad to see you back caitlynn!

Did you get to sell the skimmer yet? I'm sure thats a big deal so you can continue with this tank. :)

Nope :( its still sitting. I'm gonna put it up on Craig's list again soon. I got a hit two days ago for a maybe but then no call back

If I had the room in my sump for it I would buy it in a heartbeat! LOL The height would fit but the body is too big I believe....

Well good news all! :D I sold the skimmer today. Man has it been a while. Looks like now it's time to buy the right one! No more stupid mistakes on my part. I'm measuring from now on!

Ordered my new skimmer. Went with the BM180A it's shorter so it will be perfect. Still waiting on petco to have the sale so I can get my sump tank and my QT tank. I think I may order my power heads on Friday. I think I'm going with two Koralia 1400. What do you guys think?

caitlynnanne9189 said:
Ordered my new skimmer. Went with the BM180A it's shorter so it will be perfect. Still waiting on petco to have the sale so I can get my sump tank and my QT tank. I think I may order my power heads on Friday. I think I'm going with two Koralia 1400. What do you guys think?

Give the eBay ones I mentioned a shot. I know you'll be pleased.

That would work and I can then get other small stuff. Has anyone else used them and are pleased? Just want as many insights as I can get.

I have them right now in a 75. Pretty impressive power heads for the price! I actually went down to just one, so now I have a back-up!

Looks like I'm gonna order the two powearheads from eBay. If they are a flop it's only $25 I'm losing. Thanks! :D

Also looking at the return pump for my sump. What do you guys suggest. I was between two before. The mag drive and the one mr x suggested. It was a quite one I believe!

This is a four foot tank, right? Standard 75?

That's gonna be some good flow. I have two 750's, a 240, and 300 return. That's 2040gph total and it is a lot of flow. You will have 2600 before the return. But it'll probably be okay if you diffuse the flow off of the glass or something. I don't think too much flow is possible but you will have a very flowful tank!

Back
Top Bottom